Tragic Fatality in UK Marshmallow Tasting Contest

Date:

The 30-year-old choked on marshmallows on October 7 after taking part in a tasting competition during a charity evening for a rugby club.
Natalie Buss died on October 7 after participating in a marshmallow eating competition during a charity event organized for her son’s rugby club in Wales, reports the English daily The Sun.

That evening, the Beddau RFC club, based in the county of Rhondda Cynon Taf, organized a bingo with the aim of raising funds for the under-10 category, details the BBC. The mother allegedly tried to take on a challenge consisting of swallowing several pieces of marshmallow at once and choked.

An open investigation

According to Skynews, the thirty-year-old died at the scene. Police opened an investigation.

In a statement posted on social media, the rugby club said it was “devastated by this tragic accident”, deploring the loss of a “dear friend” and a “wonderful wife, mother and daughter”.

“As a club we send our deepest sympathies to all the family, close friends and everyone this has affected so badly – you are all in our thoughts today,” he added.

This article is originally published on bfmtv.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Electric Scooter XElectric Scooter X

Popular

More like this
Related

In-store inflation returns to ‘normal’ level in the UK

Store price inflation "returned to normal levels" in the...

On January 31, 2021, the United Kingdom left the single market

The fact that the British left Europe was a...

Recognition of the State of Palestine by three European countries: new political achievements made

Proclaimed in November 1988 by the Palestine Liberation Organization...

Early legislative elections in the United Kingdom: Labor in the majority again?

In the United Kingdom, Prime Minister Rishi Sunak created...